I am a huge fan of DIY (DO IT YOURSELF) Beauty products for several reason
- It is cost effective. ( I have kids so saving money is definitely on my list of things to do daily)
- I can do it at home ( My schedule get pretty busy and sometimes the only time I have to myself is first thing in the morning before meditation, after my work out...lol)
- Most of the products are already in your cupboard. ( You would be surprised at what products you use on a daily basis double over as a beauty treatment)
- AGAIN! IT'S COST EFFECTIVE!
I have personally tried each and one of these treatments. My skin is not as sensitive as most. My advise is to make sure you know your skin. Don't just go trying it because I said so....lol
THE ASPIRIN MASK
When I came across this one when I was actually looking up the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar scrub, which we get into a little later. It is a very simple mask to do. Before I post the recipe here are the reasons why this scrub is the absolute best for exfoliating and evening your skin tone.
Aspirin is actually a form of Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA’s, which are found in many skin creams and work by exfoliating the dull, dead layers of skin, revealing fresh new skin underneath. Over time, BHA’s can help clarify skin tone and promote healing of blemishes.
How do you make it?
The Aspirin mask must be made with uncoated, dissolvable tablets. Take two or three tablets and dissolve in a teaspoon/tablespoon of warm water.
You can add honey, or tee tree oil, some use jojoba oil. I just use some pure coconut oil to moisturize my skin afterwords. You see the effects immediately. Your skin become very very soft.
The Aspirin mask must be made with uncoated, dissolvable tablets. Take two or three tablets and dissolve in a teaspoon/tablespoon of warm water.
You can add honey, or tee tree oil, some use jojoba oil. I just use some pure coconut oil to moisturize my skin afterwords. You see the effects immediately. Your skin become very very soft.
Apple Cider Vinegar Scrub!
There are so many benefits to ACV..That is if you can stomach the taste and smell.
- Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes giving a smoother texture and complexion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them. For this reason, many diets include ACV in their regimen.
I take 2 tsps of ACV daily and I use it on my arms, legs and face. It is a great astringent. You might not smell the best but it only lasts for a few moments.
How to use?
You can use as just a toner which I use as a toner all over your body
Simply dab ACV on a cloth and just scrub. Some people add extra ingredients for various reasons it is simply preference.
I use this every day sometimes multiple times but make sure you have a great moisturizer as well.
The Immediate Face lift Mask
Now if you are like me sometimes your skin may seem a little dull and tired and you have
an event to go to or a photo shoot or some on camera activity. Even if you are not like me
this is just great to do when you are getting dolled up to go out.
It is the Immediate face lift and it is so simple
How to make
2 egg whites
Mix/whip
Apply all over your face and jaw line.
Let dry!
You will begin to feel it tighten as it drys.
Take a warm rag and gently remove. Pat dry
Voila
Your skin will look and feel alive. Follow up with a toner and or moisturizer
Again I prefer coconut oil. Which you can get from Whole Foods or GNC. But do some
research and see what you like and what works for you!
MUAH!
I will be posting more OMF! Beauty Tips, Tricks and Secrets!

No comments:
Post a Comment